Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stuck in the Zoorassic Age

We finished up our week in Hawaii with a lesson and some jell-o experiments about earthquakes and tsunamis.  On Sunday we were pleased to learn that our new home teacher, Irwin, was from Hawaii.  He shared some insider info for the perfect conclusion to our week.

As we were beginning our travel back to Utah something strange happened.  We made it here, but I think we must have slipped back in time several million years because there are dinosaurs everywhere!

On Monday we tried to uncover some dinosaur bones in our neighbor Ramona's yard.  The only problem was, we weren't going to find them with all the weeds.

The kids and I "dug" in and got the garden weeded and then they each found a dinosaur egg.

They used their tools to excavate the bones and then they assembled their dinosaurs.



We found plenty more dinosaurs on Tuesday at the world's largest dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point (including the dinosaur chicken nuggets we ate for lunch).  I forgot my camera battery, so we had to rely on phone cameras.

Today we went to the Zoorassic Park exhibit at the zoo.  I traded Kate for her cousin Becca for the day.  We found all 13 dinosaurs, ate brontosaurus sandwiches, and did a little digging for some bones.
 
 
 
By the end of our adventure I was growling something similar to the T Rex, but I'm hoping a good nights sleep will return me to human form for the rest of our dinosaur week!

3 comments:

Cyd said...

You totally crack me up. So funny.

Keli said...

Okay, so honestly how do you make the time to organize and put this all together. So fun for your cute family! I definitely need some of your time management tips.

Angela said...

So Fun!!!!! Your kids are so lucky!