This year Kate and Adam wanted to make little houses and try to trap the poor fellows. Their plans included a leftover green pancake, fake gold coins, and duct tape beds. Kate put a note on the front door so they would know where to go.
They hoped to entice them with food and gold. The plan was the leprechauns would be so tired they would lie down on the beds and get stuck to the duct tape.
As you can tell from the response to Kate's second note...the beds didn't stick.
![]() | |||
| "What a sticky bed you have! Ha! Ha! I only take real gold, but I left some fake gold for you!" |
Kate is getting old enough now that she wonders why everyone else doesn't have leprechauns come to their house. And how is it that I communicate with them to let them know what I am willing to tolerate? I was also dealing with some serious disappointment from Adam this year when I reminded him that the Easter Bunny doesn't come to our house. (We usually do an egg hunt on Saturday and then we give the kids new Sunday books on Easter morning.) I finally figured out the explanation... a Holiday Permission Slip.
You see, parents get to designate which magical persons can come to their house. This explains why Santa doesn't bring presents to Jewish children (and children of other sensible and practical parents - of which I am not) and why some kids don't get visits from the Tooth Fairy.
Whew! Glad to have figured that one out. Except now Kate wants to know where I get the permission slip from and where I turn it in.




b%2Btobi.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment