Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Guy

I was headed out Monday morning for a run. The boys were bundled in the the jogger stroller and Shem was just leaving for work. He caught up to us at the corner while I was stretching. He rolled down the window.

"You are so beautiful," he said. (blush from me)

"I'm going to go fill up with gas," he informed me as he was pulling away.

"Awesome!" I replied. "I'm running right by there. Watch for me!"

As I was running the 1/2 mile to the gas station it occurred to me that he would be finished filling up long before I had made it that far.

Well, imagine my pleasure to find him idling next to the pumps. He smiled and waved me on in encouragement then pulled out of the gas station after I passed.

It's a simple thing, but my life is full of those and it makes me so happy that this is my guy.

Picture by Captures Photography. Thanks Mom and Dad for the photo shoot!

5 comments:

Emilie said...

Cute, cute, picture!

Shem, thanks for taking good care of her.

Jen said...

What a great photo! I love that he does those little things for you!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther said...

I love that! You ARE beautiful. Glad your hubby reminds you.

Lindsay said...

You look stunning! And I totally agree-little things make all the difference in the world:)