Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Bolin!

When Colin was born we couldn't decide on a name for him. We finally settled on Colin Wallace. Colin because we liked it and Wallace for my grandfather. We knew this name would lend itself to the nickname Colli Walli...and it did...and it stuck.

Naturally you can imagine this nickname might be extended to Colli Walli Bishalli (that was the take on the last name, get it?). While this one didn't really fly it did lead to one of Colin's most beloved titles - The Balls. When Adam says it he puts a "zuh" at the end in place of the "s." (Go ahead, try it - the ball-zuh.)

Other top names include Bolli (ball-ee) and Bolin (ball-in). I personally call him "My Guy" and "Stinky Pants." But this post is supposed to be about his birthday, so let's get moving.

We were so thrilled to celebrate this first year of life and the much anticipated turning of the car seat. We started and ended the day with renditions of the Birthday Song. Bolli was mauled with hugs from Kate and Adam and once I set him down Mason set about pushing him over and lying on him (smothering him with love?).

The middle of the day progressed as any other and in the evening he enjoyed his new toys and his first birthday cupcake.

Colin has been a quiet, pleasant baby (ear infections excepted). He loves balls and cars, graham crackers and Beach Nut Oatmeal with Mixed Fruit. He finally learned to crawl last week (he's been army crawling for months) and he loves to be tickled. Seeing Daddy always lights up his face and he is quick to wave. He claps and dances with his arms when he is happy.

He has found his voice since we took away his binky in January (a bad New Year's Resolution?) and while we can no longer take him to non-family friendly restaurants he sleeps better at night.

We hope this year is only the beginning of many happy years to come.

Love you, baby!

3 comments:

Denece Hall said...

Wow! I can't believe he's a year old already! Happy Birthday!!!!

Emilie said...

Happy Birthday Collin!!!

Angela said...

I am behind on posting Riis's b-day! I can't believe Collin is already a year old!

About Grandpa's name...Once I told my mom I wish I'd known "Grandpa Wally" my mom said, "Oh no, you would have called him 'Grandpa Wallace' No one ever called HIM Wally." That always makes me laugh how all of his namesakes are nicknamed "Wally." (And I don't know if my mom was truly right about that but I think it's funny.)