Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cue Brittany Spears

Oops! I dyed it again...

Nice n' Easy stopped making my favorite Truffle Collection hair color so I decided to try a different shade of brown. Apparently Dark Natural Caramel Brown = auburn roots and dark brown strands with red tones. Not quite what I had planned. I guess I'll have to head back to the store for a box of plain Dark Brown.

This wasn't the only "hairy" situation I got into today. I decided to give all my boys haircuts. Let's just say the hair looks a lot better wet. No amount of effort with the blending sheers could undo the damage.

My darling SIL, Karla, happens to be a hair cutting professional and has offered her services to give more instruction. I figure this is a skill I need to learn with 18 more years of boy's haircuts at our house. I'll be over in a few weeks when the hair has grown enough for a fix cut.

3 comments:

BJ said...

I am with ya'. Ever since we were married, Christian had me cutting his hair. My boys have never been to a professional. I can only do one type of haircut, though.

Emilie said...

We just had a skills night for relief society where a girl from our ward, who cuts hair professionally, came and gave all who wanted instruction on two different types of boy hair cuts. Fantastic!

Also, she said, "If you are going to dye your own hair make sure to start applying the dye to middle of the strands and then go to the top and the ends."

1. Because heat makes the dye process faster ---hence the difference in hair color at your roots.

2. The ends are always more damaged and therefore more porous and will pull more color into them.

I had no idea.

Jen said...

Unfortunately for me, I have to dye my hair every few months. I usually use Loreal Excellence Cream. If you don't want any red, use the Ash browns.
Good luck!