Hey! I need to talk to you! (Sorry, is that creepy picture distracting you? Focus.)
I've always been one of those people that need constant validation from others. (That is why I loved teaching Relief Society so much.) My kids aren't so great at offering it and my sweet husband works so hard he doesn't always notice. (You know it's just not the same when I ask him to compliment me - like the other day when I did a super awesome job organizing all the clothes out of closet rotation into 16 different 18-quart bins.)
So with this great need for attention from others, I find myself putting up a post and then greedily coming back to my blog at the end of the day, hoping to find some sort of comment (okay, I'm really hoping for several comments). Does this make me blog needy? I've heard others express their distaste for blogs for this very reason.
But let's throw tactfulness to the wind. Today I could really use some encouragement, insight, even honest disagreement to my online sharing. Won't you please take a moment and tell me that you stopped by to read, what you are thinking, and how much you adore me?
b%2Btobi.jpg)
10 comments:
I adore you ever so much. And I, as your bestest ever friend, know that this need of yours is real.
I confess I have read all and commented but a handful of times. Naughty.
I have very much enjoyed your writings and vow, from this day forth, as your bestest ever friend, to not let a post go by without acknowledging its greatness.
On a less silly note, you are fantastic. I am only friends with those of the fantastic variety. You don't give yourself enough credit. Which, perhaps, is the reason you crave it from others.
So, if Shem doesn't notice something, by all means point it out. That's what being married is all about. Being able to toot your own horn with out your spouse thinking you are just out for the glory (even if you are ;))
I am just as needy as you. I post hoping that people read, they care and they comment! Thanks for you posts, I love them, even the poopy ones.
You're really pretty :) Your pic makes that obvious! I like your haircut.
I need validation, too. There are times I do okay without it and then all of a sudden I go to the dressing room to try on clothes and think...woah. Is that really me? Am I that old looking? or...Can I really not fit into this size? This can't be happening!
Or I say something stupid or can't carry on a conversation and wonder if my mind is slipping.
I'll just say what I wouldn't mind hearing myself: You are so smart and sound so together and have yourself looking so sharp even after losing so much sleep with the kids. And your house is sooooo clean! How do you do it? You are amazing. Really!
Kate Leona Washburn was born at 12:01 Sunday at 7 lbs. 6 oz.
Tobi, I think you are amazing and I love reading your blog. Sorry I don't always comment, I should because I feel the same when I see no comments on my own. (most comments on mine are from you, so I really should be better about this) Thanks for being a good example to me. I really look up to you! Keep doing a good job with your kids, and STAY AMAZING!
love ya, Amy
WAY TO GO, GOOD JOB!
Now anytime you get something done or do something awesome, you can just check your comments and see that you are appreciated and that we're proud of you!
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...
I love thee more than a sister-in-law.
I love thee more than a friend.
I love thee more than some brothers.
I love thee until the end.
I love thee because you're funny.
I love thee if you don't cry.
I'll love thee more on the morrow.
I'll come back then and say why.
I adore you thiiiis much (insert me stretching my arms as wide as possible!!) I love ya sis! You seriously are amazing and I'm so glad our little boys are going to grow up being little buddies!!
I love you!
mmmmuuuuaaaahhhh
you are hilarious Tobi!!!!!
change your settings to have an email sent to you whenever someone leaves a commente...it will save you a bit of hassel!
love ya girl..it was fun being roomies with you even though it was short-lived... thanks for being always being a good friend and a positive influence on me!!!!!
This is such a brilliant idea!!
So, Lincoln saw the picture of you on this post and said, "Ha ha ha.. Aunt Tobi dinosaur." You can't make that stuff up!
I agree with Emilie to the fullest extent that you don't give yourself enough credit. That is totally why you need it from those lucky enough to witness your greatness. You are such an example and inspiration to me. I love your honesty and your diligence.
And, you are super good at playing BB's : )
I love your guts sis!
Post a Comment