So, I finally signed up for Facebook because an old friend was looking for me and e-mail my husband. I still have not been to Twitter, so one step at a time. Now that I am on Facebook I don't know what I am supposed to do with it.
I get friend requests from people I knew in High School that were really more acquaintances then friends. Some I haven't talked to in years and years, others got a few awkward moments at the reunion last summer, many I haven't seen in a while and would love to keep in touch with.
My first friend request was from someone I went to school with that I didn't particularly like or dislike. I'm good friends with his sister. I accepted his request, but after getting daily updates about weird online games I removed him. I feel bad - kind of like turning down a date in high school with a guy you don't like but you know it took a lot for him to ask and you don't want to hurt his feelings bad. Do you know what I'm talking about? (I think Facebook is just bring back High School insecurities.)
What do you do with your Facebook? Do you add everyone you know that wants to be your friend and get big hoards of friends? Are you trying to build a social network? Do you only accept the people you really care about? What do you put on there? Em, what does it mean you are getting mission control up and running?
Please enlighten me. I'm feeling out of touch with this technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
6 comments:
This is my guideline for accepting "friends": If I saw them in person would I try to casually hide or pretend they didn't look familiar? or would I jog their memory and have a nice flashback with them?
Also, If I was the rude one in high school, and they friend request me, I accept.
You can always adjust the new feeds to show more news on certain friends, and less on others. I have un-friended people before too. There's nothing wrong with that.
Now be my friend!!!!
At first, I accepted all my friend requests, now, I am much more careful.
You can adjust the feed so that you don't get any game information. Who has time for those games anyways.
Ok first of I would like to inform you that Twitter is the stupidest thing ever.. Ok maybe not the "stupidest" maybe.. The most stupid thing!! haha
So facebook. I think people use it for different reasons. I have friends who only accept close close friends and family, others will even add strangers who have the same interests and people like me. Everyone I pretty much have ever known! haha I love seeing how people are doing and I like them to see that I'm doing freak'n awesome! So I wouldn't stress and just decide what you're comfortable with!
Love ya sis. I'm sooo excited for the zoo!
start with this post by Celia and then I'll give you my take:
http://groundhogdaywithceliafae.blogspot.com/search/label/Facebook
First of all, I'm sending you my friend request and you'd better accept me! Ha!
I felt the same way you do. Kind of opposite Ms.Dowdle. Now I let anyone on and love to hear what is going on in their lives but I don't put my blog address on and I don't post lots of pics. If I don't want to comment or don't care about people as much then I ignore them. If someone annoys or offends I'll take them off, but so far I like everyone and I love how it moves faster and more easily than blogging.
You can be silly like some people or tell people that you're doing normal every day things, like "Ashley Butler is brushing her teeth." (Please don't do that, by the way. You'll annoy me and I'll have to take you off.)
Whatever. Glad you've joined us.
On your comment it may have cut off the post address. IF so go to her tag cloud at the bottom and find Facebook and *click*. follow me?
I'm so glad I'm not the last person in the world to sign up on facebook. I just signed up last week, and I'm clueless about what the big deal is!
I think it's a little depressing, because as I'm looking at all these pictures of people from high school, I can hardly recognize them, they've all gotten so old. And if they're all old, that must mean I'm old. Man that blows!
Good luck with it!
Post a Comment