Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Monster of a Post

Things definitely got wild as we finished our "Getting Wild" Week. We made some monster toast (food coloring in milk, painted on bread then toasted). Two rounds in Mason started spilling the "paint." When only red, yellow, and blue remained Kate remarked, "Look Mom, the NURSERY colors."




Later that day we made Monster Puppets with pics from here and paper sacks. It was pretty wild trying to get everyone and their puppets into this shot.


Can you spot the "Mom"ster - as I was called that day? (My watch is a giveaway.)

On Thursday we played at a new park then make Monster Masks in the afternoon.


Usually I get angry when they jump on the furniture, but when you are being a Wild Thing, how can you not?

Friday made wild pancakes. (Some imagination is required to visualize a monster.)



Then that afternoon we made slime. (Thank you for doing this with me Es! It wouldn't have happened without you and your slimy hands! ha ha)

Kate loved it, but Adam didn't want anything to do with it after a small blob of slime landed on his hand in the mixing process. Mason's face shows his level of approval as well. (That is green slime in the bag in front of him.)




After working up to it I also had a go with a handful of slime. It really was pretty fun, but I'm glad we did it outside.

So, thus ends this first wild week of summer. We'll keep movin' and shakin' next week ('cause the theme is Move and Shake). I'll post pictures next week, if we slow down long enough to catch any!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

What a fun mom you are! I don't think I can show my kids this blog. We were boring around here all week.

Denece Hall said...

Love the monster theme! Sounds like you had a fun week! We love to make slime around here! In fact one of the kids took stuff to school and did a 'show and teach' on how to make it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Your such a good mom,

Love you,

Ash and Ben