Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Fun

Our theme for 2010 is:

2010 Let's Do It Again!

I'm incorporating a lot of repeat from last year, but that is okay because the kids had so much fun!

We started out the first (half) week with a full day of play, watermelon cookies, and ice cream cones. We decorated our new summer binders with stickers and fought over whose stickers were the best. Colin even helped with the decorating (white crayon scribbles on the inside cover).

For week two we got wild and crazy. We played with slime, wore (and ate) monster claws, went to a "Wild Water" presentation by Mad Science then got wild in the water at Sugarhouse Park with my crazy sisters. We read Where the Wild Things Are and romped through the wooded hills of a local park with by BF Em's kids (where was my camera!?!). Drank wild animal drinks and grew wild animals from capsules. We made monster toast, read about The Monster At The End of This Book, and made our own monsters with stickers.

(click to see larger image)

I even went a little crazy myself when I decided last minute to sub in on a team for the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay that weekend. Our team of 12 (comprised mostly of my SIL Kristin's family) ran a total of 189 miles in 29.5 hours (Logan to Park City). My three legs totaled 16 miles and I ran the whole way. I got about 5 hours of sleep - 3 were under the stars at the rodeo grounds in Oakley. It was crazy, hard, fun and I loved the experience and the company.

Flash Gordon's Good Ones

That was an experience that deserves its own blog post, but considering my time for blogging lately, I'll just have to sum it up for now with this thought: I think now I can officially call myself a runner.


1 comment:

Emilie said...

Congratulations again on such an amazing feat!