We enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July weekend with yummy food, good friends, and fireworks. On Sunday we attended the blessing of our nephew Dylan. The Bishop said something like this, "This is my favorite holiday. Probably because we get to blow stuff up!"
I think perhaps this was such a great holiday because my BIL, Rene, took Kate and Adam for two days and spoiled them (along with his kids) with all the things I can't afford right now...an afternoon at the movie theater, a day at Boondocks, out to eat for every meal. While they were gone things were so quiet around the house our neighbors thought we had gone out of town! The break gave me some much needed time to write a grant application for Zions Bank Smart Women Grants. (I'll spill the beans on that one later - hopefully when I get chosen for the grant. Keep your fingers crossed!)
Here are a few highlights from our Patriotic Week.
P.S. I'm totally missing the comments from you guys! If you are thinking you don't want to write because you are so disgusted by my creativity and complete summer amazing-ness (ha ha), just know that I'm trying to be positive and only post about the good moments. You know, the ones I caught on camera right after the major tantrum and right before the total meltdown!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

b%2Btobi.jpg)
5 comments:
How fun. I'm super excited for the 24th though. Hurray for the cabin!!
Fingers, and toes, and eyelashes crossed over here!
I love that you plan fun summer activities for your little ones. I need to start doing that around here too:)
I've been reading your blog and can't wait to see your new kitchen! I dream about that for myself occasionally.
I love your photo collages. I like being able to see big photos too but they show so much creativity. I love how you put so much into your summers. While I would like to make my kids' lives more wonderful, it feels just like regular life around our house. I hope that is wonderful enough?
I like the soda pop fireworks. I've never thought of that for fireworks days.
We will definitely do that for the 24th. It's the best use for soda I've seen in a long time:)
Post a Comment