Colin and I made our first appearance at church today. It has been three weeks and I really wanted to take the sacrament, so we braved the germs and found a seat in the back. We got excited smiles from everyone we saw, welcoming us back.
In the middle of the sacrament Colin woke and started to cry. We promptly tried to plug him with the pacifier, but that only last for a few moments before he let out another newborn yelp. I planned to take him out to nurse as soon as the sacrament was over. To add to the drama Mason was poopy.
As soon as we could I sent Shem out to change Mason and I tried to bounce Colin into believing he could wait for three more minutes. Just then his pacifier dropped on the floor and my efforts were mostly worthless.
The Stake President was conducting our ward conference and stood. From the pulpit he asked, "Did you hear that tiny baby cry?" (Hesitant grin from me as Kate raises her arm high into the air and points down at Colin.) "I love that sound. I'm sure there is a mother who is feeling very nervous about her baby crying during church...but I kind of liked it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
1 comment:
I'm late congratulating you, but thankfully you have a blog or you'd never hear from me anyway! I think it's time I add you to my blogroll.
I'm so happy for you and good luck with getting through these next hormonal days/months/years///life? Anyway, I hope you remember to take lots of pics. Even with digital I still have trouble remembering to take pics of my fourth.
Post a Comment