Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quarter Past Forty

Three months ago we celebrated Shem's 40th Birthday.  The age change was hard for Shem to swallow.  I thought it was something wonderful to celebrate when you turn 40 and don't look like it!  Robbing the cradle is a wonderful way to give your youthfulness longevity.



Shem with his Dad
We invited family and Shem's closest friends to come for some food and fun.  We played "Pin the Mullet on Shem" with fuzzy brown faux fur. 


And everyone tried to "Guess the Year." 



We ate and visited.





And enjoyed Key Lime Cake.


I love a good reason to celebrate, and Shem is definitely one of them!  He is my greatest blessing and marrying him was the best decision I have ever made.  He is patient and kind.  He likes to laugh and to watch a good movie.  He appreciates a hot meal and an attentive server (we both prefer eating out).  He loves his Mom and knows how to treat a woman.  He knows how to work and always wants to be a better man.  He loves to wrestle with our children.  He trusts the Lord.  He leads our home.  He usually lets me have the last piece of anything yummy.  He always leaves the toilet seat down.  He holds my hand and he takes the children away when I have reached my limit.  He thinks I'm beautiful even when I don't agree.  He loves our babies.  He makes eternity seem not quite long enough.

2 comments:

Shem said...

Could any man be less for such a woman? You are wonderful!

Esther said...

I love the comments at the end. Lovely words. And all true.