Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh, The Places You'll Go

Or NOT go, really.  This week was supposed to be all about things that go.  I was so busy going about getting ready for Shem's 40th birthday the next week that my Summer Fun plans were deeply neglected.  We didn't even make it to the library to check out the weekly theme inspiration book by Dr. Suess.


We did manage to read "The Little Engine That Could" and make our own train from the left over cookie dough from the previous week.  My nieces and nephew were over and always jump at the chance to have a little white flour and sugar-coated-sugar.

And one night while I was at work (I'm doing bookkeeping for my dad again two nights a week.) I asked Shem to supervise a painting activity.  He is the artistic one in the family, anyway, and better at managing messes.  The kids loved it (and I loved that it was all cleaned up when I got home).

No comments: