Friday, December 12, 2008

Stolen From Angela

My cousin had the funniest thing on her blog (can you tell I'm liking all things that result in laughter lately). I stole it...or I guess you could call it sharing.

Creative Names

case in point:
'Le-a'

I FIGURED ALL THE TEACHERS OUT THERE CAN RELATE TO THIS (AS WELL AS MOST FOLKS)…

How would you pronounce this child's name: 'Le-a' ???

Leah?? NO

Lee - A?? NOPE

Lay - a?? NO

Lei?? Guess Again.
Come on...you can do it.

It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right.

This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, 'the dash don't be silent.'

1 comment:

Gillie said...

Last year we had twins Candy and Cane in the NICU for christmas. We've also had an Abcde (Ab-si-dee), and I heard that there's a set of twins in a ward in the inner city in DC with the names Orangejello and Lemonjello (said or-ahn-juh-low and le-mahn-juh-low). Those names just keep getting better and better.