Monday, December 8, 2008

Hell Froze Over Today

...at least it seemed like we were there. With the first big snow storm of the winter, Kate and Adam were begging to get on their snow clothes and go out to build a snowman.

I agreed and proceeded to dress them in the required layers. You would have thought I was dressing them for their own execution (or to go to the dentist...similar feelings for me). Tears over the snow pants, crying about the gloves, hysterics over socks and boots. I'm not a big fan of playing in the snow in the first place (anyone out there like constantly adjusting four pairs of those blasted gloves that refuse to keep the snow off your wrists while managing the elastic band at the bottom of the pants to keep the boot tops covered?)...so you can only imagine how close I was to calling it all off.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth we made it outside and commenced the building of the snowman. Kate started with the bottom ball. As it was rolled into place Adam proceeded to jump on top of it, immediately disassembling it and causing Kate to burst into tears, again. Sigh.

Proceeding with the cold little man, Mason wanted to help pat the snow like me and managed to knock off ball number two. I guess endurance isn't only for the righteous because we did manage to get all the pieces together and even accessorize with a licorice mouth and a carrot nose (that Adam kept sneaking nibbles from after all was complete). Now I needed a picture to prove that I actually did do fun things with my kids, sometimes. But alas, Mason was terrified of standing too close to said frozen man and had to be dragged in for the shot.

Festivities moved forward with playing on the swings, a great snowball fight, and the unlikely appearance of a few angels (snow and otherwise)...





Maybe Hell won't be so bad after all...


1 comment:

Cyd said...

So cute Tobi! I love the pics. I'm glad it finally worked out! haha