Sunday, March 17, 2013

Holiday Permission Slip

Last year I showed the kids a copy of our household's Holiday Permission Slip. The idea is that parents have to give permission for certain magical person to enter their home. (That's why Santa doesn't come to everyone and some kids don't get visits from the Tooth Fairy - and why our house gets hopped over by the Easter Bunny.)


I've been thinking about submitting an amended form and removing my leprechaun consent, but considering that Kate was equally disappointed last fall to learn the truth about Santa and the Leprechauns, I didn't want to take that away from the boys.

Sunday evening the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor. He saw that the front door was open and wanted to make sure everything was okay. It was a good think he rang, because the leprechauns had come in, caused some trouble, and left the door open on the way out.

A trail of gold coins led the kids to the stairs. Upstairs the contents of the linen closet was on the floor.  The trail of coins led to the bathroom. The kids found green taffy and green glow necklaces in the bathtub.  The kids claimed their spoils...and then I made them clean up all the messes.

The kiddos always love it when the leprechauns come, but I don't think we'll ever top the video we captured this year.

No comments: