Friday, October 26, 2012

Being Off Track is SUPER - Part 4

After a week of intense training and work we decided to participate in an off-site program in Park City. We took a week at the Marriott's Mountainside to fine tune our video game, table tennis, movie watching, and hot tubing skills. (These are all very practical and applicable skills for all super heros.)

We did some speed testing on the Park City Mountain Resort Alpine Slides and Adam and Kate practiced some aerial work.


We did some endurance training (meaning Shem and I carried small children into the mountains and back).

Our super heros also did a mentoring activity and went to stay with Grandma Mona and Grandpa Dave for a night. (Thank you Mom and Dad!!!)

Despite the chilly weather we did a second speed test on the Olympic Park Alpine Slide. (We are fans of the smoother ride on the metal track.)
 
 

Then Shem and Kate took a ride on the zip line and Adam, Mason, and I tried out the junior ropes course.

There are too many days when I don't feel like a very good mom and no days when I feel like a perfect mom. But after these few weeks of fun together, I sure felt like a super one!

Being Off Track is SUPER - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

No comments: