Friday, April 2, 2010

Just Mean

Kate has been practicing hard for her ballet debut in The Wizard of Oz. The Children's Ballet Theatre puts on a full ballet each spring with their hundreds of little dancers and this year her class will be munchkins on stage at Kingsbury Hall.

At dinner on Thursday after ballet she told us that when they were practicing that day Miss Stacey decided there were too many people on stage for her dance and she would now be a munchkin guard, standing on the side of the stage.

I tried to put a supportive smile on my face while my mind was a rage - I didn't pay $85 in recital fees and $45 for tickets for my daughter to stand on the side of the stage!!!!

I think Kate could sense my dismay. She let me suffer a moment longer then said, "April Fools!"

3 comments:

Emilie said...

That's a pretty complex joke for a 7 year old. I'm impressed!

Tobi said...

I can't give her credit for it. Her ballet teacher pulled the same joke on her. I was impressed that she would be able to repeat it so effectively...and with a straight face.

Sue said...

Ooooh she got you good! Humor is a higher form of intelligence. I bow to her pranking skills :)