...and right now it feels like it is rolling over the top of me. I don't have a lot to complain about. I live in a nice, warm home with a wonderful (WONDERFUL!) husband and healthy, happy kids. I just feel like I can't get on top of things. Sort of like trying to walk upstream in a swift river.
Well, today there was a lull in the current and I was finally able to make some progress.
Thanks to the dedicated efforts of the aforementioned husband the mountains of laundry have been successfully mined and now only require a few additional hours of folding.
My business inbox filled with people that want to be paid has been tamed and the employees get their paychecks direct deposited tomorrow.
The endless decisions for our kitchen remodel have been put on a temporary freeze because who has $8,000 to spend right now. Certainly not me.
The van is back in the driveway after a two-day $700 transmission repair. (If only our regular mechanic could have fixed this one! We love you, Ross!)
The vinyl fence was finished today and the children are once again contained in the yard. (After a big wind storm several weeks ago our back fence blew over and our neighbor called and said, "Just wanted to get your thoughts on the fence. It looks like it had a bad day today.")
Arts Night 2010 (our annual Art Fundraiser for the Elementary School) is done and over 400 silent auction bid sheets have been spewed from my printer. The colored paper scattered throughout my family room has been collected.
My half marathon is complete. I ran it on Saturday - and by run I mean ran the whole thing (as opposed to walking, not the runs that might come to mind after my last post)! That was one of my goals. The other was to finish in under 2 hours and 15 minutes. I finished in 2:05:44 (a 9:35/mile pace) and even got 20th place in the Athena Division - for us "heavier" girls over 140 lbs. My awesome training partner, Val, beat me by 7 seconds. I couldn't have done it (especially that fast) without her! You can catch a pic of me 9 miles in here or on the final stretch here.
Tomorrow is my triennial ski trip. Two out of three winters I am either nursing or pregnant, so the opportunities to ski are few and far between. And because of the expense and the offspring birthed and fed in previous winters, it is difficult to go more than once in a season. I can't wait to hit the slopes!
Now after listing all these wonderful things I'm feel much, much better. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
4 comments:
Way to go on your half marathon! You ran it at a great pace and look fantastic!
You look so, so good in the pictures! I can hardly tell you are even working out!
I didn't know you where thinking about remodeling the kitchen. Sorry it's a bust.
Have fun skiing.
nice. this is jeremy by the way.
It sure does feel great to check things off the list and reflect on all the awesome activities that have been accomplished. Way to go.
Post a Comment