This week I am potty training child #3.He picked out the underwear (Transformers, Thomas, & Spiderman).
I've stocked up on the best possible motivators (gum for sitting on the toilet, cars for a direct deposit in the pot).
The stool is by the toilet and the Lightning McQueen toilet ring is in place.
Day 1: pee in the toilet and on the bedroom floor
Day 2: pee in the toilet twice, pee on the bedroom floor, and poop on the bathroom floor (at least in the was in the right room!)
Day 3: pee in the toilet three times(!!!) and pee in the bed
It shouldn't surprise me that Mason is very independent. His toilet successes are all self directed. It seems my encouragement to sit on the toilet is simply a reminder that if he takes a moment to sit, he can get some gum. I love that he understands what it means when "your body is telling you down there that you need to go potty."
Nap time continues to be the biggest challenge. I'm thinking maybe I'll have to catch him right at the moment he wakes up and whisk him away to the bathroom. We are using Pull-Ups at night, but I don't want to give in to daytime use.
I am pleased at my lack of emotional drama over this training period. Pee on the carpet? No problem, we'll dry it up and clean the carpets later. Poop on the bathroom floor? That is way easier to clean up then when it is stuck between the kid and their super hero undies.
Adam is super jealous about the car rewards Mason is receiving and oscillates between encouraging Mason to go the bathroom (so he will pick out the car Adam likes and give it to him) and pouting that his potty prizes were never that great.
It will be a blessed day (at least 4 years from now, sigh) when our last child learns to wipe herself.
b%2Btobi.jpg)
4 comments:
Good luck with the potty training! That's always a difficult time for me to not develop a stroke or heart attack. I've heard that salt is a great pee absorber. I always pile baking soda on and vacuum later (after the initial drying, of course).
I was confused by the last statement. 4 years from now you're going to have a girl learning to wipe herself? Are you pregnant with a girl?
Sigh. I am always glad to hear when some has a successful potty training experience.
I'm not pregnant, but we know there is a little girl waiting to come to our family someday. I'm hoping she will be our next (and consequently our last). If she comes in the next year or two and potty trains between two and three years-old I'll be done with diapers in four years. That's what I meant.
I used to put cheerios in the toilet because my son's aim was terrible. He shot the bathroom curtains twice!
Post a Comment