Friday, December 18, 2009

I kind of feel like this....

...a little crazy trying to get all the Christmas technicalities wrapped up. (pun intended)

It really started to escalate on Wednesday when I tried to get a picture of my kids for our Christmas letter (I miss you, Keli!). It shouldn't surprise me that it is hard to get kids to smile when you are threatening them to hold still...or else! To make it even better, I had no Photoshop to try to make any of the shots better. (A few weeks ago when I tried to reload my copy of the program it wouldn't work and I learned the boxed copy I bought on ebay two years ago was a fake and won't work anymore. Arrrgh!)


Luckily, I have some picture formatting skills in Word and managed to pull it together after converting the .doc to a .pdf, saving the .pdf as a .jpg, then importing it into my Costco album so I could crop it from an 8.5 x 11 back to a 4 x 6 and order prints. (Thanks Dad for the years of practice making software programs do all kinds of strange things so we didn't have to buy other expensive programs!)

Hope your holidays are going more smoothly!

2 comments:

Keli said...

I sure miss you too! I am feeling a bit lonely these days and would love to have you over for a visit, or come and take your pictures. I think you did a great job on your card and am glad to hear that all is well. Have a wonderful holiday.

Kiersten said...

Taking Christmas pictures is a NIGHTMARE! I'm amazed you got a good one with all 4 kids. And that googly-eye pciture is awesome! Maybe I'll go with that for all my kids next year.