Sunday, January 3, 2010

Grandpa Claus

I think this is my favorite memory from Christmas this year, having each grandchild sit on Grandpa's lap while opening his or her present from Grandma and Grandpa. The smiles on my dad's face are something I will cherish.

My other favorite memory was when Adam came down early in the morning to declare that he got his "Ratchet" car in his stocking! He has been telling me for weeks how he wanted this $5.00 mini Transformers car (that doesn't even transform, mind you) of Ratchet, with the robot Ratchet painted on the bottom. He had even had a dream that it was Christmas morning and when he reached into his stocking...there it was! Santa must really be magic because it was gone at Toys R Us last time I was there. (Who buys this junk?) I guess "Santa" had a lucky Christmas Eve find at Smith's Marketplace.

No comments: