Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sum It Up

I've been thinking a lot lately about my kids and their different personalities - strengths and weaknesses. I wanted to see if I could sum them up in three words or less. Enjoy.


Colin
Growing Boy

Colin is finally starting to put on some weight with the addition of solid foods. He's rolling over and can sit up for about five seconds. He still had a lot of growing to do - like figuring out how to sleep all night long - and he is going to figure out the boy stuff pretty fast with Mason trying to wrestle with him all the time.

Mason
Milk, Please

It seems like almost every picture I took of him this summer his sippy cup is grasped in his teeth (and he is also missing his pants). He would drink some milk first thing when he got up and continue all day until just before bed. After he chewed through several dozen sippies I decided it was time to end the addiction. I threw away the gnawed nuby cups and so far the new race car cups have proved to be a sad replacement. He's begging for his "muck" with big tears. The please part comes in with how he can be very polite, orderly, and considerate - but that always comes after the coma as the second part. For example, when asking for milk he will growl "Muck!" then spit out "pees." When he hits or kicks someone it is usually followed immediately by a sweet kiss.


Adam
Pretend That...

Adam is the make believe guy...and it's not just the guns I'm always talking about. It is surprising how often our lunch starts out with something like this..."Mom, pretend that this fork is a rocket and goes along this ramp, then bounces on this trampoline, then ppppshwww!" or "Pretend you are my owner and I'm your dog Ferrari, no, Mojo Jojo and you taught me to talk like a human. Now, you say..."


Kate
Can I Have...

I think Kate might have the early signs of a hoarder. She finds beauty and value in anything and everything. A few weeks ago she lost her other front tooth she left it for the tooth fairy along with a three inch piece of yellow string, a candy wrapper with an airsoft beebee wrapped inside, and a note encouraging the tooth fairy to take these items home. I had to make a rule about taking trash out of the recycling can to keep her from saving every advertisement and colorful piece of cardboard. Along with these treasures she is constantly asking for something - like a play date, or to paint finger nails, or food.

Shem
Conservative

In almost every aspect of his life, especially political.



Tobi
How would you sum me up?

4 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

beautiful, ingsightful, considerate!

Emilie said...

Striving for more

Whether it be your spirituality, your kindness, your mothering skills, your budgeting skills,your appetite control, your intelligence, etc. you are always striving to be better than you were the day before.

DowdleFam said...

super creative and a super mom. I wish did as much as you!

Esther said...

I love Adam's and Shem's. I wish you would have described yourself, I love to see what people write about themselves.

Since you're asking, I would sum you up with this word; Ardent