I've been sporting a nice rash on my right forearm and hand for a few days. It finally got so painful I went to see a doctor today. The InstaCare doc took one look at it and diagnosed shingles. It is caused by the chickenpox virus attacking the nerve ends.
While he was typing a prescription for an anti-viral he asked if I needed anything else to help manage the pain. I told him I didn't understand. He asked if Tylenol was working to take the edge off. I told him I hadn't been taking anything. When he said I was pretty tough I pulled out my "Well I have birthed all my kids naturally" card (there isn't really a card though). I felt a little less like a whinny baby knowing there was a reason to be hurting and I wasn't just over-reacting.
So, it still hurts and I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything or displaying any patience. I may have to postpone the remainder of my Bloggles Week while I recover. Thanks for understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
5 comments:
Shingles are serious pain. Hope you get well soon.
Shingles are NOT fun. My sister had them a year ago. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that. Get well soonn
Take a deep breath and forget about the house. You only have so much to go around so divide that between yourself and your kids.
Call if you need me!
I am so sorry! I hope you recover quickly! For some reason whenever I hear of shingles I think of when Dave Letterman had them and I felt sorry for him. Ha!
I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling weel. If you need anything let me know!! I would love to come help clean your house or watch your cute kids.
Feel Better,
Ben and Ash
Post a Comment