Friday, April 3, 2009

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Colin seemed to be out to a great start, sleeping wise. Like my other kids, he was doing 4 hour stretches from the beginning. At two and a half weeks he even gave me an 8 hour stretch of sleep. This has not been repeated since.

I shouldn't complain since most nights he only gets up once and then goes right back to sleep, but I dream about what a full night of sleep would feel like. I know it will come soon. Most Babywise babies start sleeping 8 hour stretches between 7 and 9 weeks and almost all Babywise babies are sleeping through the night by 12 weeks. (All my other kids starting sleep through the night between 9 and 14 weeks.) I'm trying to stick to the basic principles - eat, play, sleep - but it is hard to give Colin a good nap when we are running around doing so many things.

The runnings around have included an effort on my part, though minimal, to get some exercise. The first time I went running a few weeks ago it was difficult, but liberating to be able to move at a speed faster than the late-pregnancy waddle. We've made two outings to the Mom and Me Bootcamp class at the gym. Colin did not appreciate the car seat for that hour (I ended up rocking him with one foot while I balanced on the other and did tricep presses). I did not appreciate spending an hour in a room of full length mirrors. There is nothing like being able to examine your baby fat from all angles. 20 pounds down, 20 to go!

1 comment:

Cyd said...

You go girl!! 20 lbs? That's awesome! Mommy and me boot camp huh? I need to see if they have that around here!! I definitely need some help!

(: