Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mason's Lego Birthday

Mason was so excited to celebrate his 7th Birthday!
This was my second Lego party, so I had some ideas and some supplies. I went with a primary color theme, making giant Lego blocks for decorations and chocolate Legos from a mold for the cake and party favors.
Color cake - I'll reveal the inside later!
Party favor bags
Stickers, candy blocks, and molded chocolates

Game supplies and prizes
Relay color blocks
The party started with Lego brick pizza.
 
 

Our first game was LEGOS (Lego Bingo). Thanks for the idea, Emilie! I printed the games cards from here and we played using stackable candy brick pieces.
 
 
 

 Next we headed to the family room for our second game - to build a Lego 7. Everyone sat in a circle and took turns rolling a die. If a player rolled a 5 he could go up to the board and start putting on the Lego brick stickers I cut out from foam sheets. He had to stop as soon as another player rolled a 5. The person that completed the board won a prize. It was loud and hectic and tons of fun.
 
 

Our third game was a Jell-O Lego stacking competition. Using Jell-O Jigglers, the kids built towers. The tallest tower won the prize!
 


Some towers didn't get very high, simply because the materials tasted too good!

Our last game was a Lego Brick Relay. Four teams raced to get their blocks from the chair, around the pillow and back to the bowl. This proved to be more confusing that productive.
 
 

Finally it was time for presents!

And last, but not least was the cake! I wanted the cake to be multi-colored inside so I divided the batter into four parts and colored them. I layered the colors in the pan and it turned out like this...

 
 
Happy Birthday, Mason!

No comments: