Sunday, March 16, 2014

Monica and Elias' Wedding

Shem and I just got back from a quick trip to San Diego for Monica and Elias' wedding. We drove down with Jason, Amy, Jacob, and Nancy.

The day before the wedding I enjoyed the California sunshine with a 6 mile run along Mission Beach.

Later that afternoon we had a proper beach day where I met up with my cousin Shanelle and her five adorable kids. I hadn't seen her for several years and it was so fun to catch up and to relive some childhood memories jumping in the ocean.
  
One time while we were out jumping a long, dark shadow passed nearby beneath the water. I had a moment of panic until I realized it was just a seal.

On Saturday the 15th we arrived early at the San Diego temple to do an endowment session and then we attended the sealing. Monica and Eli waited a long time to find each other and it was so precious to be there with them for this special occasion.

 

The reception was held in an old school house and gazebo at the Old Poway Park. 

No comments: