**Some things in this post might be inappropriate for children.**
My Christmas gift was a plane ticket to visit Christina in Virginia. I was so, so, so excited! I took to the skies.
When I landed Christina was there to pick me up. She brought me my favorite treats in a cooler. We couldn't stop smiling...for five whole days.
![]() |
| (Lots of inappropriate smiling, too.) |
She showed me to my cot in the corner of her lovely apartment and the first day was all about relaxing and soaking in the sisterhood (and snuggling with Mars).
On the first morning we decided to go to the gym for a little workout. Christina was always telling me about the "cloud running" machines she loved so much. I had trouble coordinating the floatiness of it all, so we headed for the treadmills. About a quarter of a mile into her run Christina looked down and noticed that the friction from her inner thighs had activated some detergent that was lingering on her pants and her crotch started to foam. Funniest workout ever!
On Friday we went to Paul and Ashley's house in Herndon. I got to meet baby Charley for the first time. We went with Paul for dinner and then to a movie at the IMAX theater at the National Air and Space Museum. I don't remember what word game it was that we were playing while we waited, but I can't remember a time when I laughed any harder. It was so great to see Paul.
On Saturday Christina and I went into DC. The first place we went was the Holocaust Museum. It was intense and moving. Next we walked along the mall. It was wet and raining, which meant it was fairly deserted for a Saturday.
We went into the National Museum of Natural History. After checking out the "vagina squid" (giant squid) in honor of our nephew, Sterling we proceeded to reenact all of our favorite animal exhibits.
Next was a stroll through the National Archives and a very bizarre conversation with a guard there who once caught a patron who sneaked a large snake into the main gallery.
Our last stop was the capital.
On Sunday we went to church where Christina is serving as the Relief Society Secretary. That night Ashley came over for dinner and I got more time with Charley.
Monday brought good byes and tears. This was one of the most fun trips ever and I was sad to leave. We ate amazing food - Vietnamese sandwiches, grilled stuffed nachos, afgan kabobs, cronuts. We laughed and laughed. And best of all, I had Stee. And that was all I ever wanted.
I love you, Stee - SnelSnotch and all!













b%2Btobi.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment