Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tight Fisted

You know money is tight when the kids' toothpaste falls in the toilet (without the cap) and you simply fish it out, wash it off, and put it back into the cupboard. It takes prodding from your husband to realize it is now in need of replacing.

P.S. Our house is for sale. Not sure yet where we are going to go...hoping for something bigger (and cheaper - is that possible?)

P.S.S. Check out my amazing corn crop this year (over 50 beautiful ears). I am beyond proud of my rich little soil and the bounty it provides. So far I have over 20 quarts of tomatoes and 25 quarts of my Grandma's Soup full of tomatoes, onions, peppers, and carrots all from my garden.

5 comments:

DowdleFam said...

Gardening to so tiring, some days I want to quit. Congrats on the bountiful harvest. Good luck with the house sale.

Ramona said...

I have never had such a successful harvest. So proud of you Tobi. I hear toothpaste is great for cleaning toilets?!!

Emilie said...

Yes, it's possible for a larger, less expensive home. But you'll have to expand your horizons.

I know Shem won't like the outside of this one, But the price, size (5 bedrooms!!!!),and a closer local to a certain special brunette is awesome

http://www.utahrealestate.com/search/public.search?accuracy=4&geocoded=Centerville&box=%257B%2522north%2522%253A40.9348614%252C%2522south%2522%253A40.9011353%252C%2522east%2522%253A-111.8401453%252C%2522west%2522%253A-111.9041749%257D&htype=city&lat=40.9180005&lng=-111.8721601&geolocation=Centerville%2C+UT&type=1&listprice1=0&listprice2=190000&proptype=1&state=ut&tot_bed1=4&tot_bath1=&tot_sqf1=2000&dim_acres1=&yearblt1=&cap_garage1=&style=&o_style=4&opens=&o_accessibility=32

Angela said...

Everyone says that it is so hard to grow things in Texas. I choose to believe them for my own benefit and haven't tried yet.

Too bad about the toothpaste. :( he he

esther said...

Soap and water can SOOOO be sufficient for the toothpaste. You just squeeze out a little of the end paste and dump that. The rest is fine. I've rinsed of and given my kids lots worse. Picky, picky hubby.