Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Bountiful Harvest in South Jordan

Today we did the last harvesting from the garden - a basketful of carrots.  These carrots were really slow coming up and I almost gave up on them. So glad I didn't!

We had a lot of success in our garden this year - we grew the giant pumpkins the kids used to carve for Halloween. We had so much corn I should have had my siblings over for a corn harvest like we used to do at my grandpa's (makes me wish I had a machete, too). Our green peppers topped salads and most of the zucchini went into bread.

Our tomatoes were a bit of a disappointment.  We managed to get enough to keep us out of the produce section at the grocery store, but not nearly as many as I am accustomed to. We had heard that the previous home owners planted over 70 plants one year. We joked that was because that is how many plants it would take to get 70 tomatoes.


No comments: