October clearly had a theme...
It started with the obvious roundness of my belly (three months to go!!!). I can't help it that my uterus knows just what to do. My neighbor asked me when I was due. When I said February she remarked, "Are you having twins? You are sooo big!" No, thank you. I'm not having twins. I just go out of my way to measure four weeks ahead. It's kind of like a game...see just how enormous you can get.
Last month the most fit girl in my weightlifting class asked how much longer I had to go. When I replied four months she tried to hide the obvious surprise (disgust?) in her eyes and stuttered, "Uh...Oh! You look great!"
In early October we took off Mason's training wheels. He was a champ and after a brief pep rally he was off riding around and around. Every day he begged to ride his bike...until the day he left it at the end of the driveway and Mom accidentally backed over it. About a week later I replaced the handle bars and the seat with parts from Kate's first bike. The pink parts seems to be a slight deterrent and the riding has decreased significantly.
Our next round venture was carving pumpkins. The kids had a total blast. Kate and Adam did most of their carving on their own. I actually enjoyed myself this year (usually the slimy scooping is so yucky, but this year it felt oddly fulfilling).
The kids picked out these pumpkins at Grandma Mercie's Annual Pumpkin Pick. The Bishop grand kids are filling up the pumpkin patch these days.
Later that week I was working and got a call from Shem informing me that Mason had put an airsoft pellet in his ear and he couldn't get it out. Shem's multiple attempts with suction and super glue were unsuccessful so I came home to take him to InstaCare. Mason explained to the doctor that he was bouncing the tiny ball on the driveway and it bounced off the cement into his ear. Clearly a one in a million shot. We were so relieved when the doctor was able to get it out a few minutes later. I was expecting much worse. (When Shem was a kid he put a piece of pea gravel in his ear and had to have it surgically removed.)
The following Monday we did the rounds gathering candy from the neighborhood. We were fortuitous to win two teenage trick or treating escorts at a ward auction. We took all the kids out for a bit then sent Kate and Adam off with Ann Marie and Emmalyn to scavenge for another hour or so. It was great!
And finally, here are a few funny kid comments to keep you rolling...
Mason: "Colin, you better be nice or Jesus is going to spank you with a tornado!"
Adam: reading in 1st Nephi..."and their obama-nations..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
4 comments:
ha! funny kiddos! so...i want to see a pic of your beautiful round belly! :) don't people know that with each child you pop sooner? DUH! xoxo
How funny...your kids sound too cute!
Oh those funny kid comments are great! You know I'm expecting my fifth as well on Dec 20th. People's eyes started to bulge like my baby when I was at 5 months. When I hit six months I started hearing things like, "any day now, right?". I was huge at 6 months & at first it bothered me. What bothered me more was that in a 4 wk period my weight jumped 10 lbs. & I failed the glucose test. Out of desperation not to have another 9 1/2lb. baby I went completely low fat vegan relatively no sugar high veg diet. I lasted 50 days & in that time baby grew but I didn't gain a single pound. I felt great. GREAT. I relapsed 2 weeks ago & instantly gained 6lbs (in 2wks). Today I started the diet again since I have just -4wks to go. Youve heard how to tell if a person is a vegan? Don't worry. They'll let you know. ;)
I'm not saying you should go vegan, or that you'll be smaller, but if you're desperate like me...
Post a Comment