Monday, November 2, 2009

You Won't Be-LEAF It!

In our front yard is our famous maple tree. It was planted over two decades ago. We love it, the neighbors talk about it, and this year a stranger came to our door to ask if she could take a few of the leaves for an art project because a friend of hers grew up on our street and wanted her to see the beautiful red tree he remembered from his childhood. (deep breath)

This pic is from 2007 and I wish, wish, wish I had gotten a shot this year. Our tree was fluorescent red. Even standing on the front porch to look at the tree made Mason's blond hair look red. There were red accents in the front room, reflecting through the windows. It was beautiful.

A few weeks ago the leaves began to fall and I was sad to see them go. The kids have loved making leave nests and tonight we finally did some raking and some romping in the leaves - a favorite fall tradition.



Since Colin slept through all that fun, here is a shot Adam took of him earlier today.



Happy Autumn!

2 comments:

Cyd said...

So cute. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Esther said...

I love our maple tree too. They are such majestic, versatile trees. I even included it as a major amenity in out MLS listing.