Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Conference Miracle

On Conference Sunday we were coming home from my parent's cabin a little early than we had planned (see post below). I had been looking forward to watching the Sunday sessions of Conference and I didn't know how we would find the local radio stations as we drove through Northern Utah and Evanston on our way back home.

As we climbed into the car I turned the radio to AM 1160 and could barely make out the gentle voice of President Eyring, masked with heavy static. We paused in the driveway to say a prayer before we drove away, as we always do, seeking protection as we travelled. We also asked that we might be able to hear conference.

As we drove from Garden City toward Laketown the static continued and as we were about to enter the canyon I was sure the weak signal we had would be lost. To my surprise, as we continued to drive the better the signal became. In canyons where you can't get a cell phone signal for miles, the radio came across crystal clear. This continued throughout the entire session.

I often pondered, perhaps KSL had radio towers out in these rural towns. Or maybe the signal is strong enough to carry to Evanston. I'm just going to think of it as Heavenly Father answering the prayer of a humble little family, wanting to hear His word through His prophets.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I haven't blog stalked for a little while so I was catching up today and got to read your last three posts. You are so awesome! Your dialogue is spot on. I love love love your authenticity : ) xoxo