How I long for the cool, crisp salad bar and the hot, spicy Buffalo Chicken pizza from Z.
If only I could indulge in the warm bread sticks, tangy salad, and savory flavors of The Olive Garden's Tour of Italy.
The cold root beer on crushed ice, the deep fried anything (I'd take potatoes, chicken, jalapenos, onions, cheese), the fry sauce, the chips and salsa with a smothered burrito, the artichoke spinach dip.
But alas, for three weeks we have been on a financial diet. I did not think it was truly possible for us to forgo our favorite weekend past-time. However, we managed to get by with homemade pizza for two weekends and last night was some good tasting, but not so hotly desired, mac and cheese.
The only consolation is we have saved at least $100 by eating in on Saturday and skipping the occasional drive-thru. But it still feels like losing a good friend. Hopefully we can be reunited soon.
b%2Btobi.jpg)
2 comments:
Stop it Tobi, you're killin' me! I think I'll go have a handful of choc chips now. My homemade pizza tonight didn't satisfy me I guess.
Eating out is the best...no dishes, no clean up and it's always good, but it does come with a price : ).
Post a Comment