This morning about 17 minutes before church started I got a call from the 1st Counselor of the Bishopric.
Kevin: "Tobi? Could you come a little early to Sacrament Meeting?"
Tobi: "Yeah, like right now?"
Kevin: "Um, yeah, I guess so."
We gathered ourselves up and headed out the door. I had a feeling I was going to be released from one of my callings, but would the Bishopric be so bold as to call me as a Primary teacher 5 weeks before I have a baby? (I was called to Primary when Kate was 3 months old and to be called as a Primary Teacher again is my greatest fear.)
With this perspective the news was not too bad. I was being released as a Relief Society teacher. This is my favorite calling of all time. So much so that in my last two wards I have introduced myself to the RS President on my first day and offered my services as a RS substitute. (Yes, this was my subtle way of getting a chance to show off my talents and hope my name would come to mind when praying about who to call.)
Being as speaking in public for many is their greatest fear, only after death, most would think me strange. I guess I like the challenge to come up with exciting lesson ideas and I like the attention of being the facilitator at the front of the room. Needless to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed this calling.
I have kept a record of all my lessons and have a thick binder to hold them all. I was surprised to find today that I have held this calling for 3 years and 6 months, almost exactly to the day. Today I gave my final lesson and was grateful for the chance to bear testimony of the gospel and the joy it has been to teach it to my fellow sisters.
It's like the scriptures say, "And it came to pass," not "And it came to stay."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment