I've been feeling particularly low on faith today. Within the last week and half we have had three second-look showings. I'm starting to feel skeptical that anyone will ever want to buy our house or wondering how much we will have to give up to sell it.
I enjoy our house. We have been very happy here for nine years. The house is small, but functional. The yard is super kid-friendly. The garden gives abundantly. Our neighbors are wonderful!!! The ward is heavenly and the elementary school is great. We are minutes (literally, three) from the freeway, but far enough away we can't hear it. The Salt Lake Valley is readily accessible from our central location. We can see the mountains from our backyard and parks, restaurants, and stores abound. A major deterrent is that our master bedroom is in the basement (we didn't like that either when we bought it), but it turns out having a master in the basement has some real perks. It is more quiet and it is cooler in the summer that the rest of the house. After we put the kids to bed we go downstairs and have our own space with the family room. The laundry room is nearby, so I don't have to streak through the house if I find I am missing something after my shower.
I know that the right buyer will come and that they will feel that this is the right house. (That is how we felt. It wasn't exactly what we were looking for, but we knew it was the right place and it has been a blessing to us!) I know that there is another place that is being prepared for us. I know all these things, but it doesn't seem to make the waiting any easier. The other difficult part is that I don't necessarily want to leave. I love my friends. I love the school. I love the area. But, I have a testimony that this is what we should do. I also want more space. Space so we can comfortably have more kids (or just kid, I hope) and grow a bigger garden. And all that with a price tag that fits into our limited budget.
I don't want to whine or sound ungrateful. I am so grateful for everything we have. I'm grateful to have a home to live in and especially grateful that we have equity. I'm grateful that blessings are in the works for our family. It's just that six months of trying to keep my house spotless and the regular disappointment of rejection has me down. I just need some hope...a bunch of the unwavering, endless-supply kind.
____________
And now on to the laughter part...
Mason has a thing for blaming naughty behaviors on other siblings. There are times when he is caught red handed and he will still place the blame on someone else that is not even in the room. (i.e.: as he is holding a toy and Colin is crying, "Adam took the toy away!")
So, we were driving home tonight from my brother's amazing new compound in Ogden (read: everything I wish we could afford - beautiful house plus over an acre of yard with a swimming pool, tennis court, in-ground trampoline, and personal mini-forest just yards below the Bonneville Shoreline Trail). We had just gotten off the freeway when we heard a motorcycle buzz by. Through the open window we heard the loud wind-ripping sound of the engine, "brrrrrrrrrrrr." As soon as it passed Mason quietly commented, "Kate did that."
I'm still laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b%2Btobi.jpg)
2 comments:
It will come. I know, everyone keeps telling you that, but it's true.
But being in the "waiting" portion of the Lord's plan is never easy or fun.
I am always just a phone call away.
I hate the waiting game. Patience is still something I am having to learn. It's so hard to continue to have faith when the waiting game is involved. You're amazing, and I hope one of these 2nd views of your house turns into a stellar offer:)
Post a Comment